The DDG does a fabulous job of documenting our favorite recipes and random food concoctions. In honor of the Sixth Annual Diabetes Blog Week, I want to highlight a few recipes that keep my healthy eating habits in check. As a T1D, my week begins with a mental check list:
- Grocery shopping – I’ve admitted in a few posts how I feel like a grocery shopping nazi because I frequent at LEAST three stores a week.
- Meal Planning – What am I craving and won’t mind eating a few times?
- Make A List – Put your cravings on paper after checking your cabinets for ingredients.
- Food Prep – Prioritize your weekly game plan and schedule time to prep food.
Whew. It sounds like a lot, but these four steps help me to prepare and enjoy a healthy lifestyle. Below are a few of my favorites – I hope they get your wheels turning and your mouth watering.
Breakfast: Blue Corn Breakfast Taco
- I haven’t written a recipe for this finger-licking breakfast, but it’s super simple. Scrambled eggs, black beans, avocado, salsa and fresh cilantro. YUM! This recipe was a winner on Mother’s Day.
Lunch: Spring Has Sprung Crispy Asparagus Salad
Snacks: Simple Recipe To Feed Your Kale Addiction #1
Dinner: Whip It Together Stir Fry Recipe
Cocktail: Game Day Breakfast Of Champions
Preparing healthy meals is a HUGE part of my life. In fact my recent post, The Power And Influence Of Cooking From Home, documents how I sweet talked my way into a new gas stove once my landlord realized how important cooking is to me. I may not be a chef, but I’m a devoted culinary warrior and welcome new recipes – so shoot me a few ideas in the comment box below or post a link on the DDG Facebook page. Maybe we could have a cook off!!!!!
In honor of #DBlogWeek – A Day In The Life Of Amber’s T1D Diet. http://t.co/jqwNmRg174 #diabetes #healthyeating http://t.co/o6OKD1W9nO
We go inside the mind of Amber, as she begins a week of diabetic meal planning, with recipes! http://t.co/996FLmg0GW