We admire and respect what Trae Carson and Jonathan Stapleton are crafting over at 405 Brewing, Norman’s first microbrewery. As people with diabetes, we were curious about the brewing process, the carbs, and, well, the taste of their Spring Stout. On all fronts, they did not disappoint. We talked about why carbs aren’t on the outside of most beer bottles. They helped Ryan unravel the mysterious effects of different beers on his blood sugar. We dug up carbohydrate counts on Guinness, Bud Light, IPAs, stouts, and lagers. We even got into the science behind alcohol’s interaction with the liver and how it causes the eventual plummeting of blood sugar. For all of those folks who love good weather and a drink to go with that occasion, this podcast is for you.
- 405 Brewing, Co.
- The Complete Beer Calorie and Carbs List
- The ADA’s Official Pocket Companion for Carb Counting
- Harvard’s population study on beer consumption and type 2 diabetes risk
- Nice summary article of the current research on beer and workout recovery
- Yes, women are the original brewers of beer. Article here.
- Trae mentioned Nexus Brewery out of Albuquerque, featuring a prominent female brewer.
- The nutrient comparison for beer vs wine.
- As promised, the Bradford Pear wiki page
- Prairie Artisan Ales
- Roughtail Brewing Company
- COOP Ale Works
- Mustang Beer
- Thirsty Planet Brewery in Austin, Texas
Craft beer, carbs, and the liver’s monopoly on blood sugar during RLD Podcast #4 with @405Brewing. #craftbeer http://t.co/Y92DzF5IDR
RT @DiabetesGrind: Craft beer, carbs, and the liver’s monopoly on blood sugar during RLD Podcast #4 with @405Brewing. #craftbeer http://t.c…
As get your active on this week outdoors, or just sit in your car, dial up the RLD Podcast craft beer episode! | http://t.co/atgmSneYXt
Cheers To National Beer Day. Check out our recent podcast about craft beer. http://t.co/6qq9cX2q6K #craftbeer http://t.co/o1reO8Kozk
Pingback: Surprising BG Numbers After Enjoying A Craft Beer Festival | Diabetes Daily Grind