The DDG invested a weekend afternoon to dispel a diabetes urban legend… HOT TUBS, and their effect on blood sugar. In this episode, they do scientific research, or something resembling the scientific method, while rambling about everyday life, social media and all things diabetes. Why hasn’t there been an experiment like this before? Well, maybe there has been, but the evidence was nowhere to be found. Leave it to the DDG to get to the bottom of this T1D fear. Bear witness folks, this is diabetes research history.
- Take a listen to the full DDG theme song by Mike Hosty, HERE. or check out the live version on this Youtube link
- Amy’s post on her recent trip over to VEGAS.
- Yes, someone has researched this topic. Yes, we tried to find as many links as possible to legitimate research. Here’s a list of the research and the findings:
- Amber shares her run in with diabetes complications – Retinopathy Has Left The Building (For Now Any Way)
- PSA: Tell your friends about how to give a glucagon shot.
- Amber & Ryan have VERY different styles of storing their testers.
Please note Amber’s clean, organized Contour set up.
- Ryan crashed at Amber’s pad and scored a few Clif Shot Bloks so she wouldn’t find him wandering the halls of her home.
- Amber’s headed to MasterLab thanks to a wicked scholarship from the Diabetes Hands Foundation and Lilly Diabetes.
- Just in case you missed it – we came up with a respectable title for Amber & Jean’s (culinary partners in crime) recipe. Overcoming My Carb Counting Fears With Veggie Curry Recipe
- Here’s the LINK to our last episode.
Scene for the podcast: