At the age of 13, can an event define your career path? For Kelly, it happened. We discussed how he became a diabetes health professional, his top advice, his approach to patients, the importance of the diabetes online community, and the story behind how he received his diabetes diagnosis, from a football coach. Kelly joined the DDG team over in Amber’s living room, on a sweltering Oklahoma summer day.
- Ryan’s personal favorite flavor of glucose tablets, that need to be in your nightstand!
- Looking to follow-up with Kelly? Here’s his Twitter handle: @wkmckeever
- Here’s an a1c calculator, depending on your average blood sugar.
- An official news report on Skinny Pants Syndrome.
- The book on southern eating, that Amber plans on remodeling for a PWD, On The Road Again by Morgan Murphy.
- The woman, we kind of mentioned wears the Omnipod on her arm, is Robin Arzon. IG: @robinnyc
- Anyone else felt a low blood sugar in a dream? Tell us about it below!
- The Book That Sparked Amber and Ryan To Start The DDG
- Here’s an image we’ve seen around the doctor’s office that could use some editing:
Real Life Diabetes 7 is UP! Kelly McKeever, RN and PWD joined us to explore all things #T1D. | http://t.co/lfqABkUl9e http://t.co/b9DZbLuz4F
RT @DiabetesGrind: Real Life Diabetes 7 is UP! Kelly McKeever, RN and PWD joined us to explore all things #T1D. | http://t.co/lfqABkUl9e ht…
GREAT show! I recently took a job with a diabetes supply provider and this was incredibly illuminating for me in my quest to learn more about the disease. One of my tasks is to develop training materials/online learning for onboarding new customer care agents into our company – I’m definitely going to make this podcast a part of the training course that I’m developing. Looking forward to future shows – keep up the great work!
Healthy Living Medical Supply
Matt–Many thanks man! We love to hear that. Best of luck with the onboarding and let us know if we can ever do something else to help! –
RT @DiabetesGrind: Finally, the all #T1D, all everything podcast has arrived with @wkmckeever. No punches pulled. http://t.co/LqH7r3onVS ht…
Pingback: The Guide To Surviving The Holiday Gauntlet | Kelly McKeever, PWD and RN | Real Life Diabetes 12 | Diabetes Daily Grind
Pingback: A "Non-Techie" Father Finds NightScout | Clayton McCook on T1D Parenting Empowerment | Real Life Diabetes Podcast 31 - Diabetes Daily Grind | Real Life Diabetes PodcastDiabetes Daily Grind | Real Life Diabetes Podcast
Pingback: Podcast 12: The Guide To Surviving The Holiday Gauntlet | Kelly McKeever, PWD & RN - Diabetes Daily Grind | Real Life Diabetes PodcastDiabetes Daily Grind | Real Life Diabetes Podcast