At the age of 13, can an event define your career path? For Kelly, it happened. We discussed how he became a diabetes health professional, his top advice, his approach to patients, the importance of the diabetes online community, and the story behind how he received his diabetes diagnosis, from a football coach. Kelly joined the DDG team over in Amber’s living room, on a sweltering Oklahoma summer day.
- Ryan’s personal favorite flavor of glucose tablets, that need to be in your nightstand!
- Looking to follow-up with Kelly? Here’s his Twitter handle: @wkmckeever
- Here’s an a1c calculator, depending on your average blood sugar.
- An official news report on Skinny Pants Syndrome.
- The book on southern eating, that Amber plans on remodeling for a PWD, On The Road Again by Morgan Murphy.
- The woman, we kind of mentioned wears the Omnipod on her arm, is Robin Arzon. IG: @robinnyc
- Anyone else felt a low blood sugar in a dream? Tell us about it below!
- The Book That Sparked Amber and Ryan To Start The DDG
- Here’s an image we’ve seen around the doctor’s office that could use some editing: