Amber and Ryan sweet talked past guest, fellow T1D, and long-time diabetes camp enthusiast, Kelly McKeever, into joining a summer edition of the show. Kelly’s had 13+ years at camp and shares what keeps him coming back, now in a medical personnel role. In this episode they catch up on life with diabetes, cutting edge developments in diabetes tech, the camp life experience, what we learned about ourselves, and the value of having “a diabetes community in person”.
- Take a listen to the full DDG theme song by Mike Hosty, HERE.
- Last time Kelly joined us, we launched Podcast 12: The Guide To Surviving The Holiday Gauntlet.
- Ryan and Kelly both sport Medtronic Pumps
- Amber shares her recent fascination with Omnipod.
- Did you know that Theresa May, the recently elected U.K. prime minister, is on the T1D team.
- Shout out to our man Jay Cutler, holding down the NFL T1D fort.
- Amber shares her recent Lantus double dosing fiasco days after posting, Unintentionally Sleep Walking Through My Diabetes Management.
- Camp Endres as a part of Diabetes Solutions of Oklahoma
- Scholarships are available. You can donate/send a kid to camp HERE.
- Camp Blue Hawk – Harold Hamm Diabetes Center
- Kiddos attend for free because of amazing donors and grants. Check out how you can help out HERE.
- JDRF Mentor program
- We adore the The Determined Daddies site. Check out this little guy sharing how he changes his pump site.
Pingback: Podcast 39: Wearing Diabetes on My Sleeve... Even in Medical School | Ideen Tabatabai - Diabetes Daily Grind | Real Life Diabetes PodcastDiabetes Daily Grind | Real Life Diabetes Podcast