After a few months of friendly stalking, we scored the opportunity to chat with hip hop legend and diabetes advocate, Rev Run and his wife Justine Simmons. With 1 in 3 adult Americans being at risk of Type 2 diabetes, they’re spreading the word about T2D prevention with the help of Ask.Screen.Know™. In this episode, we’re swapping recipes, avoiding the food police (while simultaneously encouraging them) and sharing how to lead by example in hopes of changing their family’s history. The message is clear – Do it for the ones you love.
- Take a listen to the full DDG theme song by Mike Hosty, HERE. or check out the live version on this Youtube link
- Follow Rev Run
- IG: @revwon
- Twitter: @RevRunWisdom. Use #RevOnASK should you want to chime in.
- Ask.Screen.Know™. For real though, if you know someone who might be at risk, have them feel out the assessment from Novo Nordisk. Knowledge is power!
- The aformentioned food police and son Daniel (Diggy). Follow the guy on IG here and Twitter here for the food how-to.
- The key to edible kale chips: smoked paprika.
- Recipe Swap: Check out a few of their recipes HERE and check out Amber’s vegan cashew queso.
- On the way to the movies but don’t have time for candy? Snag some seaweed (here’s our favorite). Everyone’s doing it (well, Justine’s doing it).
- Big thanks to Run DMC for the generous offering of their music for the show. Walk This Way by Run DMC ft. Aerosmith and It’s Tricky by Run DMC.
Wonderful information, mow if I could just:
Do your best and forget the rest.!!
I referred your blog to the TUDiabetes.org blog page for the week of June 27, 2016.
Pingback: Wisdom In Wichita (The 24 Hour Road Trip Of Enlightenments) | Amber and Ryan | Real Life Diabetes Podcast 33 - Diabetes Daily Grind | Real Life Diabetes PodcastDiabetes Daily Grind | Real Life Diabetes Podcast