I’ll do my best not to curse throughout this post as my mother recently mentioned I could use more appropriate language. I am incredibly thankful for my medical insurance and for the first time had to call in my prescription for Lantus, an insulin I HAVE to take every single day. In fact, my alarm goes off at 6:11am every morning to remind me to inject this precious drug. I would not be alive without Lantus. Here is where shit hits the fan.
- 10 days ago I called in my prescription for Lantus
- 2 hours later I receive a text – prescription is available to pick up and cost $150. I question this amount because Novolog costs $100.
- Next Day – I have an argument with the pharmacy because they’re out of test strips AND insurance wouldn’t cover them.
- Test strips = $298+
- Please note my recent post, Halloween Highs & Lows, about having to test every 45 minutes during my high blood sugar scare.
- Fast Forward 1 Week (10:08am)– Contact pharmacy again about Lantus. (more…)