The i2U Culinary Solutions motto is “Food is Medicine” and is comprised of a team of registered dietitians, certified personal trainers, and award-winning chefs all dedicated to bridging the gap between food and medicine. Use promo code, DIABETESGRIND, at checkout to receive a 10% discount on your first order.
It is always a pleasure to connect with fellow diabetes advocates, Rev Run and Justine Simmons. They radiate positive energy and had me laughing with their ability to call each out when it comes to healthy lifestyle choices. There is no doubt, their passion to rewrite their family history with Type 2 diabetes is contagious and the Simmons kids are teaching them a thing or two.
The DDG does a fabulous job of documenting our favorite recipes and random food concoctions. In honor of the Sixth Annual Diabetes Blog Week, I want to highlight a few recipes that keep my healthy eating habits in check. As a T1D, my week begins with a mental check list:
- Grocery shopping – I’ve admitted in a few posts how I feel like a grocery shopping nazi because I frequent at LEAST three stores a week.
- Meal Planning – What am I craving and won’t mind eating a few times?
- Make A List – Put your cravings on paper after checking your cabinets for ingredients.
- Food Prep – Prioritize your weekly game plan and schedule time to prep food.
Whew. It sounds like a lot, but these four steps help me to prepare and enjoy a healthy lifestyle. Below are a few of my favorites – I hope they get your wheels turning and your mouth watering.
Breakfast: Blue Corn Breakfast Taco
- I haven’t written a recipe for this finger-licking breakfast, but it’s super simple. Scrambled eggs, black beans, avocado, salsa and fresh cilantro. YUM! This recipe was a winner on Mother’s Day.