In my previous post, Blasted Ketones Make An Appearance, I mentioned my reluctance to visit the doctor so when I felt a head cold coming on, I contacted my dear friend Tonya, a RN CMP who works as an Integrative RN. She gave me a list of vitamins, probiotics and spicy food ideas. My goal was to sweat out the toxins and feed my body with homeopathic remedies. This head cold sparked my newest culinary creation, Holy Hell – Spicy Mushroom Soup.
- Organic Vegetable Broth
- Portabello Mushrooms – bite size
- You know my love of Portobello Mushrooms. Check out my 3 Portobello Recipes Post.
- Yellow Onion – bite size
- Garlic – chopped
- Kosher Salt
- Crushed Red Pepper
- Sautée shrooms, onion, garlic and spinach
- In a separate pot, heat vegetable broth with cumin, kosher salt and crushed red pepper to taste. The goal is to sweat out the toxins so don’t be stingy with the spices.
- Add sautéed veggies to broth and taste often to make sure it is spicy enough.
Well needless to say, I sweat like a whore in church, loosening up my chest congestion and releasing some toxins. Vitamins C & D, oregano oil, hot tea and probiotics brought me back to life. Did the spicy soup do anything, not sure, but I felt much better that evening than I had in days, but I did end up having to visit Urgent Care two days later, only to find out there was nothing wrong. Maybe the soup did help.
Do you have any home remedies for a head cold and cough? I am always down to try new things so please share your latest concoction.
Tuesday Topic: Can You Sweat Out a Cold? Trying to dodge the MD. http://t.co/i8cxBXxsKm http://t.co/eow2xw1kV8